Preparing your business card artwork ready for the press is simple. Just follow the points listed below.
- Convert text to curves, outlines, paths, or flatten (in raster programmes)
- Images to be saved at a resolution of 300dpi.
- Use CMYK colour mode
- Bleed / silent borders, these are generally produced at 3mm (check with your printer for their specification)
How to prepare a .PDF
Now that you have prepared your document for printing, follow the guide below to present a print ready .PDF to your printer.
- Save as .PDF in design package
- Select press quality or PDF/X-1a
- Insert trim marks (offset 3mm)
- Bleed setting 3mm
*Please note that above is posted as a guide only.